About Me

My Photo
ShopforPaws
ShopForPaws.com is the place for all your pet supplies. Our goal is to create a shop that has quality products needed for pet lovers and their four legged family members. We offer a wide selection of pet supplies including cat and dog toys, pet wellness, pet beds, pet collars, and a pet grooming section with all the necessities. ShopForPaws.com is inspired to help pets in need. We are committed to donating a portion of every sale to non-profit organizations that help animals in need. I am grateful to have found a business that will allow me to be charitable to our animal community. As an online pet supply shop we are quite unique, as our mission is to provide animals lovers a place to shop for their pet products while also giving back to animals in need. We consider it our responsibility to make a positive impact in the animal community.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, January 30, 2015

Giving to Non-Profits that help animals in need.  

A HUGE HURRAY for all those that help animals in need.

If you are anything like me, you are a huge animal lover, but hate to see the reality of animal neglect and abuse on those sad commercial ads asking for your donations. I am truly the faint-hearted animal lover.  I knew from an early age that I wanted to do something with animals, but knew I never had the – courage, strength, stomach (I’m not really sure what you would call it), but I knew I couldn’t work with animals in the capacity of seeing abuse, or the stomach for being a veterinarian.  I have the utmost respect for all individuals that are able to work directly with animals in need of help in every aspect.  I have spent my life saying I wanted to do something that can help animals.  So, I have rescued many animals and made them a part of my family or found homes for them.  I have donated to multiple animal organizations and helped to spread the word on the few pet organizations that I knew were doing great things for animals in need.  However, I knew in my heart it was never enough. 

Shopforpaws.com began because of my desire to help animals in need.  I love my online pet supply store and feel we have quality product for pet lovers, as well as their dogs and cats.  Shopforpaws.com gives back a portion of every sale to animal rescue non-profit organizations.  As the business grows, so will the portion of donations going to animals in need.

When it was suggested that I needed to be apart of social media to help my business become successful, I was a bit concerned, as I had not been apart of any social media prior to opening my site.  Once I began blogging, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter I was introduced to a world of animal lovers that want to make a difference in the lives of animals. 

Two of my favorite non-profit organizations are Dumb FriendsLeague and Buddy Center in Denver Co.  I moved to Colorado in 2006 from California.  I had not been exposed to non-profit no-kill shelters before.  In the town I was born and raised they had animal control – where animals were picked up and if not adopted in 7 to 10 days then they were put down. So, when I moved to Colorado and was introduced to these no-kill shelters I was over the top with joy.  They really won over my heart when my cat of 16 years went missing. After putting posters in the neighborhood I received a call telling me that Tonny
was at the Buddy Center.  I immediately contacted them and was told they would be closing.  Being a 45-minute drive, I knew I would not make it there in time.  They waited to close their doors until after I had arrived and picked up my Tonny.  I knew Tonny was in kidney failure, but when I arrived they had done a full work up on him, got the meds that he needed and gave him fluids.  Never charging me a dime for the care they had given to him.  I just feel they go above and beyond to care for all animals in their care.  

Since opening my online pet supply shop I have now been exposed to so many wonderful non-profit animal organizations, individuals, and businesses that devote their lives to rescuing, caring for and ensuring animals have a safe haven until they can be reunited or be adopted into forever homes.  Foster families make a huge impact on these organizations, as they provide the love, socializing, care and time that is needed for many of these animals. 

My faith in people has been renewed, as there are so many wonderful people doing wonderful things for our voiceless companions that are truly dependent on people securing a safe and happy future.  Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to follow some of the amazing stories from the following pet rescue organizations:  








I would love for all animal lovers to share their stories and share the websites of organizations that devote their lives to protecting the animals in need.





Cece Garza, Owner

Shopforpaws.com

Every time you shop at ShopForPaws.com you help support animals in need.

0 comments: